Friday, July 13, 2012

Oy, vey.

Hello, America.

Distance: 3 miles
Pace: 10:12

Tonight, the man and I did our last quick run before our first half marathon on Saturday. He was against us running at all this close to the race, but I really felt like mentally I needed this, so he humored me. I haven't run at all this week, which means I missed one six-mile run and one three-mile run because of lady problems, so I just wanted to be able to bang out one solid short run before the big event. I feel like now I can show up in two days feeling ever so slightly confident in my abilities, if not a little unsure about exposing my arms in my new running tank top.

I am basically terrified, but I keep trying to remember that no matter how slowly I do this, I literally could not run one mile three months ago.

Goals:
1. Just finish the damn thing
2. End of list

In my future half marathon experiences, I'd like to get my time down to a more respectable number and hopefully not vomit. This time, anything goes, vomit-wise.

I think that if I make it through this without requiring medical attention, I am going to officially stop thinking of myself as being out of shape, and start to accept that I might just possibly be a healthy person. Oy vey, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment